The Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell multiplies its efforts to promote good environmental practices
Within the roadmap of the organization of the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell to obtain the ISO 20121 certificate, an international voluntary standard for the management of sustainable events, a series of activities are developed that promote sustainable development in the tournament. All of them are intended to minimize the loss of environmental resources, benefit the environment and enhance positive impacts. The following stand out:
- Joining the Barcelona + Sustainable Network, a civic commitment to a more equitable, prosperous and self-sufficient city that includes all those organizations that wish to contribute to the improvement of sustainability in the City.
- The statement of the 2018 edition of the tournament as the first smoke free one.
- The free parking service for bicycles in order to encourage access to the facilities of the Real Club Tenis Barcelona in this way of transport.
- Validation of the ticket to the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell can be done from the mobile phone through a QR code to avoid paper printing.
- The reuse of the tournament balls for the tennis school of the Real Club Tenis Barcelona.
- The promotion of the use of public transport to the access points of the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell.
- Supervision of good environmental practices of suppliers and contractors that are related to the tournament.
- The use of recycled paper in publications as the official programme.
- The use of colored containers to recommend recycling distributed throughout the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona facilities.